Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

August 10, 2017

Onset 2017

My energy level is still flagging but I couldn't pass up a rare nice summer day so I went to Onset, which is really close by.  





I wanted to try out 2 pictures from the same place with the new lens and without. So this is the view with my normal lens, zoomed all the way out.

And with the wide angle.



There was such a nice breeze too.  It was so peaceful.

Chickory.

Very pearly shell.




First signs of fall

Run bun, run!

This is the On-I-Set Wigwam which is a spiritualist camp.  You can read about them HERE.  I would love to go inside sometime...it was closed and it's surrounded by a chain link fence and a locked gate.  I was shooting through the fence.


I absolutely love the clapboards.







12 comments:

  1. What a lovely place to visit! Interesting Wigwam. (and minis) So many pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to see it again when it's open.

      Delete
  2. Very calming post. I feel zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sooo peaceful and quiet yesterday.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1:13 PM

    I could so use a day like this right now. It's been one heck of a week for me on the migraine front so I've been holed up in the house. Your pictures made me feel like I was out and about for a bit. Thank you for that!

    Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry about your migraine! That's awful. I'm glad my pics helped you feel better!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures of different things.. love them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new lens. Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not quite what I'd had in mind but it'll do.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous6:14 PM

    What a cool place. One day I'm gonna' head out your way. I just love how everything is so unique..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's pretty cool but I still like the PNW better. lol

      Delete