Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

October 29, 2006

The reddest tree I ever did see.

This is a tree in my neighbourhood. I never noticed it changing colour, it just sort of appeared out of nowhere last week. I grew up in Massachusetts, went to college for 2 years in Maine and visited New Hampshire during peak foliage time, but I've NEVER seen a tree turn this red before. I'm not very good at botany, but up close the leaves look like Japanese maple.

I came across this little mini-farm on the way home from taking pics of the tree. They have 3 cows in their yard. Bonney Lake was much more rural than it is now, in the not so distant past.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:30 PM

    All of our "famous foliage" blew off of the trees about three hours after it appeared. Yup. Now it looks like winter, sans snow... for now.

    ReplyDelete